Licensed in Florida, Illinois and WisconsinAbout FL Attorney Robert L. Cemovich
Robert Cemovich was born in Town of Tonawanda, NY and raised in Ohio and Illinois. Robert received his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (with German minor) from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 1986 and his MBA from the University of Chicago in 1988. After completing his graduate studies at the University of Chicago, Robert focused his career in commercial real estate banking, and served as an officer at Chicago’s Cole Taylor Bank and Harris Bank/Bank of Montreal. After his three-year stint as a commercial loan officer, in 1991, Robert enrolled at the law school and in an international studies program at the University of Wisconsin at Madison. After receiving his law degree in 1993, Robert worked overseas for nearly thirteen years as an international real estate lawyer/legal advisor for Booz-Allen & Hamilton Inc. and various other international consulting firms, and served as Program Director for Stewart Information International, Inc. (a wholly owned subsidiary of Stewart Title Guaranty Company) covering the former Soviet Union and East Europe. Robert ultimately relocated with his family to the United States, choosing Venice, Florida as the family home base, where he founded the Cemovich Law Firm in 2006.
Mr. Cemovich concentrates his Florida law practice in real estate and probate law and has been representing clients in Florida since 2006.
He is a citizen of the United States and Canada and holds active bar memberships in Florida, Illinois and Wisconsin.
- J.D. (Law Degree), 1993, University of Wisconsin at Madison
- Graduate Certificate in Russian and East European Studies, 1993, University of Wisconsin at Madison
- MBA, (Statistics), 1988, University of Chicago
- B.S., Marketing (minor equivalent: German), 1986, University of Illinois at Urbana
- Florida 2005
- Wisconsin 1994
- Illinois 1994
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Business Law Section of the Florida Bar
- International Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Sarasota County Bar Association
- Real Property Section of the Sarasota County Bar Association
- “An Assessment of Georgia’s Law on Commercial Land Privatization,“ Russia/Central Europe Executive Guide 10.7 (2000): 2.
- “Land Privatization and Enterprises in Georgia,“ Post-Soviet Geography and Economics 41.3 (2000): 217.
- “Kazakh Anti-Monopoly Policy and Its Impact on the Oil Industry.“ East/West Executive Guide 6.9 (1996): 18.
- “Legislative Amendments Create the Beginnings of a Commercial Land Market in Moldova,“ Bureau of National Affairs’ Eastern Europe Reporter 7.21 (1997): 746.
- “Privatization of Land in Moldova: A Mechanism for Transferring Ownership to Privatized Enterprises,“ Bureau of National Affairs’ Eastern Europe Reporter 7.6 (1997): 201.
- “Government of Moldova Decision No. 366: A Step Forward in Privatizing Enterprise Land.“ Russia and Commonwealth Business Law Report 7.11 (1996): 5.
- “Current Anti-Monopoly Policy in the Regions of Kazakhstan.“ Survey of East European Law 7.4 (1996): 9.
- “Privatization of Agricultural Land in Moldova,“ Survey of East European Law 16.1 (2006): 1 (co-authored with Liudmila Svirina, Esq.)
- “Privatization and Registration of Agricultural Land in Georgia,“ Post-Soviet Affairs 17.1 (2001): 81.
- “Registration of Agricultural Land in Georgia,“ [a legal commentary on Presidential Decree No. 327] Survey of East European Law 12.2 (2001): 1.
Mr. Cemovich has worked throughout the state of Florida and worldwide as a real estate legal advisor/consultant in the following countries: Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Benin, Bulgaria, Canada, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovenia, Tajikistan, Turkey, USA, Ukraine, Uzbekistan.